Life always has its own plans for us and sadly we can never alter these plans. Three weeks earlier I was all excited to met my parents and enjoy my long awaited vacation.....but. Its true I spent three weeks with my parents but I never want to spend those days again.......shocked.
Well my Baba(father) is very ill and was here for check-up, he had been suffering since many years but he never told anyone.....its only when Mamoni(mother) saw all the visible symptoms that I got to know about it. After his check-up we were told of all the physical aliment he is suffering from.....now he has loads of medicine through out the day....I am still shocked with his attitude toward himself. Parents get worried when we neglect about ourself or we don't tell them about our problems, I don't know why they don't realize that we feel the same.....even we are worried about them and if they fall ill it affects us so much. I hope now my parents understand that they should just tell me everything directly.
very old pic of my parents
Anyway,the changing of my plans by life didn't stop with this, I planned for my parents to stay with me for a month so that both of them can rest and relax a bit as doctors said he needs a lot of rest. And even that plan could not work out.....why? Well life planned something more horrible.....one of my uncle, my Baba's sister's husband, expired and I knew that Baba had to go else that would hurt him more. So he left and I know when he goes home he will start his routine and wont get the most required rest....all this worries me, then again that's what life has planned and I can just play my part in it.
As it has been planned for me, again I am alone with the same routine life and the only real fun time is when I am blogging. As I was alone and not in a very good mood, so I didn't feel like shopping or cooking anything special. So last Sunday was perfect for a easy , simple curry and the Creamy Egg & Potato Curry was part of the menu.
Gravies are often the star of any Indian meals and a good creamy gravy can make the meal a perfect one. This is an awesome gravy......full of flavors with all the simple spices and coconut cream. Its a perfect dish that goes well with rice, chapati and paratha. Great for those lazy days..!!!
|Potato||2 medium sized|
|Ginger-garlic paste||1 tablespoon|
|Green Chilly||2 numbers|
|Coconut milk||100 ml|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red Chilly powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Roasted Cumin powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Salt||As per taste|
|Pepper||As per taste|
|Cilantro Leaves||1 cup|
- Hard boil the eggs and remove the covering. Marinate the eggs with little salt, tumeric powder & red chilly powder.
- Cut the potato lengthwise like the wedges. Soak it in water with some salt.
- Cut the onion in large blocks. Place the cut onions in a baking dish and drizzle slight oil on top.
- Season with some salt, pepper and give it a mix. Roast it at 180C for about 15 minutes.
- When the onions are done, let it cool and then blend it to a smooth paste.
- Blanch tomotoes in hot water and let it boil till they get soften. Remove the skin and blend that to a smooth paste to make tomato puree.
- Heat little oil in a kadhai and fry the eggs and potatoes separetely. Remove them and set aside separately.
- In the same kadhai, add ginger-garlic paste fry for some time and then add the roasted onion paste.
- Fry the mixture for 5-6 min. Then add tomato puree and cook under cover and low flames till the oil separetes out.
- Mix the spices - tumeric powder, red chilly powder and roasted cumin powder with little water till it forms a paste.
- Add the spice mixture to the kadhai and mix all the cooking ingredients together.
- Then add the fried potatoes and eggs to the kadhai and cook for 6-7 min.
- Mix the coconut milk with 1/2 cup of warm milk and pour in the kadhai.
- Cook the dish in low flame and under cover till the water is soaked.
- Finally garnish with chopped cilantro leaves.