Tuesday, March 8, 2011

CHEESY FRENCH TOAST


Breakfast is the meal of the day that I skip most of the time. I know its totally wrong and have been told to change this habit by so many people however I just cannot do it yet :D , lets be hopeful for the future ;) .

Today morning was really different, I woke up and had the urgent urge to eat something . You can say I woke up hungry , in fact I was so hungry that I woke up at 7:00am which is really shocking in my case. There is a nursery poem "EARLY TO BED & EARLY TO RISE" , well am totally the opposite and I think cause I get up late so I end up skipping breakfast :) .

While I was standing near my refrigerator thinking what I could eat for the breakfast at the fasts , instantly I remembered a dish I was created by Nigella Lawson. I dont remember the name of the dish , but I remember the cheese oozing out from the bread and so that was it. 

I dont like sweet dish in the morning so I had made my French Toast a savory one.

Sharing the dish with My Sweet and Savory


Print Page

FOR FRENCH TOAST STUFFING
Sandwich Bread 4 slices
Milk 2 cup
Mozzarella cheese slices 2 slices
Carrot 1 medium sized
Onion
1 medium sized
Red Chilli Flakes
1 tablespoon
Oregano
1 tablespoon
Dried Basil
1 tablespoon


FOR FRENCH TOAST COATING
Eggs 2 numbers
Cream 2 tablespoon
Dried Parsley 1 tablespoon
Oil2-3 tablespoon
Salt
As per taste


      FRENCH TOAST PREPARATION:-
  1. Cut off the brown edges from the bread slices.
  2. Grate the carrot into very thin slices. Chop the onion as finely as possible.
  3. Cut the mozzarella cheese slices into thin strips.
  4. Mix the grated carrot and chopped onion in a medium sized bowl. Pour in a bit of oil , salt and oregano and bake it in the microwave for 5 mins.
  5. Let the baked bowl cool down , then add the dried basil , red chilli flakes and mozzarella cheese strips and mix them properly (do not mash up the thing).
  6. Pour the milk in a large bowl . Place the bread slice in bowl and let the bread get little soft.
  7. Take one bread slice put the cheese mixture on it and place another bread slice on top. Then seal the edges properly.
  8. Repeat the same with the other 2 bread slices.
FINAL ASSEMBLING:-
  1. In a large bowl, whisk together egg, cream, dried parsley and salt.
  2. Heat oil in a pan.
  3. Place the stuffed bread slices in the egg mixture and fry it in the pan till its turns crispy on all sides.
  4. The Cheesy French Toast is ready for hungry tummy :)  

I had my Cheesy French Toast with one huge cup of tea.... :D 

Priyanka

7 comments:

Ghosh!!These look so good priyanka!! I am alwayz for cheezy, savory toasts...These are a real treat from the usual sweet french toasts..
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

That looks so cheesy n yummy..love it anytime :)

US Masala

The savory version is so good and I love all the herbs you have used in here.. So cheesy and filling which keeps you going for the day!!

http://krithiskitchen.blogspot.com

This is double yummy! Love French toast and you made it so tasty..I mean egg, cheese, cream, bread..you can't go wrong with that:)

Cheesy french toast makes me hungry..

Woooooooooow super delicious toast ...love ur header..very cute Priyanka

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More