Has it ever happened to you that even after a good dinner your sleep is disturbed late night due to the huge craving for something sweet.....hehehe.....this happened to me last Sunday..... :D
This Sunday I had decided to go back to my roots so I had prepared some bengali dishes --- Dal , brinjal fry and definately Fish. Well the dinner was totally filling and I enjoyed every bit of it. All happy and pleased I went off to sleep, and I was having one of my bakin dreams again...well by now you know that I keep getting such dreams :) . Anyhow this time the craving for some cake was so intense that my sleep was disrupted. I tried to control myself in all the possible ways ---- thinking about work and how unhealthy it is to just eat and sleep etc..... Inspite of all this I could not restrict myself beyond 1:00am, I had to make a cake..for a peaceful sleep later :) .Finally at 1:00am I had to hear my heart and forget about all the logics....I started making a cake
I love experimenting with foods and specially cakes, but we need to have the ingredients to experiment right???...unfortunately I didnt have the basic ingredents also. No eggs, no chocolate or vanilla and definately no fruits or vegetable :( ....at one point I thought lets leave the plan for now and would try something on Monday.....but as we all know "the heart wants what the heart wants" so it had to be done. I started hunting in my refrigerator and I saw cheese and cream...and thats what resulted in the creation of my Cheesy Cake.
One slice of this cake had made me so happy and I did have a very relaxing sleep after that....
Shared my recipe with Slightly Indulgent Tuesday held by Amy.
|FOR CHESSY CAKE|
|Cheese grated||1/2 cup|
|Flour||1 and quarter cup|
|Baking Powder||2 teaspoon|
|Baking Soda||1/2 teaspoon|
- Blend together the cream and cheese till it turn smooth.
- Add sugar and salt to the mixture and blend it again till it mixes properly.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and grated nutmeg separately in a large bowl.
- Add the oil to the sweet creamy mixture and blend it again so that everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and fold them till its smooth.
- Coat the baking bowl with slight oil and then add the batter in the baking dish.
- Bake the mixture in the oven for 40 min at 200 degree celcius.
- Remove it and then let it cool.
The Cheesy Cake was a perfect savior for the Late-Night cravings... :)