Monday, August 22, 2011

CHEESY CAKE


Has it ever happened to you that even after a good dinner your sleep is disturbed late night due to the huge craving for something sweet.....hehehe.....this happened to me last Sunday..... :D

This Sunday I had decided to go back to my roots so I had prepared some bengali dishes --- Dal , brinjal fry and definately Fish. Well the dinner was totally filling and I enjoyed every bit of it. All happy and pleased I went off to sleep, and I was having one of my bakin dreams again...well by now you know that I keep getting such dreams :) . Anyhow this time the craving for some cake was so intense that my sleep was disrupted. I tried to control myself in all the possible ways ---- thinking about work and how unhealthy it is to just eat and sleep etc..... Inspite of all this I could not restrict myself beyond 1:00am, I had to make a cake..for a peaceful sleep later :) .Finally at 1:00am I had to hear my heart and forget about all the logics....I started making a cake


I love experimenting with foods and specially cakes, but we need to have the ingredients to experiment right???...unfortunately I didnt have the basic ingredents also. No eggs, no chocolate or vanilla and definately no fruits or vegetable :( ....at one point I thought lets leave the plan for now and would try something on Monday.....but as we all know "the heart wants what the heart wants" so it had to be done. I started hunting in my refrigerator and I saw cheese and cream...and thats what resulted in the creation of my Cheesy Cake

One slice of this cake had made me so happy and I did have a very relaxing sleep after that....

Shared my recipe with Slightly Indulgent Tuesday held by Amy. 

Print Page
FOR CHESSY CAKE
Cream 250 gm
Cheese grated  1/2 cup
Flour 1 and quarter cup
Baking Powder 2 teaspoon
Baking Soda 1/2 teaspoon
Sugar 1 cup
Nutmeg A pinch
Salt A pinch
Oil 2 tablespoons



   CHEESY CAKE:-
  1. Blend together the cream and cheese till it turn smooth. 
  2. Add sugar and salt to the mixture and blend it again till it mixes properly.
  3. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and grated nutmeg separately in a large bowl. 
  4. Add the oil to the sweet creamy mixture and blend it again so that everything is thoroughly mixed.
  5. Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and fold them till its smooth. 
  6. Coat the baking bowl with slight oil and then add the batter in the baking dish.
  7. Bake the mixture in the oven for 40 min at 200 degree celcius.
  8. Remove it and then let it cool.

The Cheesy Cake was a perfect savior for the Late-Night cravings... :)       

Priyanka

22 comments:

I am sure that you had sweet dreams after this cake. It sounds delicious. I go to sleep dreaming of what I will make to eat the next day too. Thank you for your visit to my blog. I look forward to them. Blessings, Catherine xo

this looks yummy, bookmarked this recipe
following you
charishma
http://cheriesstolenrecipes.blogspot.com/

Awesome looking cake. Can't take my eyes off it.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

lovely recipe....u have baked this cake at 1 AM, can't believe, I think it is the effect of blogging, we get food dreams quite often..u hv a nice space, amar blog visit koro, when u hv time....

nice space, first time here..looks perfect and yummy..

do visit my space..

Must be so yum ...cheese and cake is wonderful ...looks fab

Very delicious looking and tempting I must say..I Love your recipe!

Baking a cake in the middle of the night... now that is what I call "Treating yourself to a treat"... cake looks superb:)
Reva

Yummy cake...And wow...to have the luxuries to bake whenever u crave for cakes!!! And did u take these clicks after baking???!!
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

Delicious cake :) Soft and yummy

I'm so glad you found something yummy to bake..and that you shared this deliciousness with us :)

dreming abt cake-- gee it does happen to me once in a while too ! nice recipe !

This looks lovely sister :)
www.sunshineandsmile.com

this cake is yummy and tempting me to try it soon
1st time here nice space do visit my site

Cheese cake is very yummy & delicious..

I am quite intrigued by both your cake and your urge for cake that got you out of bed. That has never happened to me before... yet I've never invented anything quite so delightful either!

What kind of Cheese did you use? I didn't think it was cheddar....

Thanks!
Allison

Very delicious looking cake.This information was too useful for us.

Thanks!
From - John, www.chennaicakesdelivery.com

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More