I don't know how and when I fell in love with cooking, but it just happened and its magical. As we all know, there is nothing more pleasing then knowing that someone had tried out our dishes and loved it. Its even more wonderful when they think that our dishes are good enough to be part of their big occasions.....when a few of my friends told me that they had recreated my dishes for some parties and it was a hit....I was so pleased and honored, not sure how to express the feeling. However I can now realized how pleased a chef must be at the end of the day,because he could not only satisfy so many people but bring a smile to their faces.
It has been my family tradition, I still cannot imagine Sunday's without Chicken.... wont say I don't enjoy it during the other days of the week but Sunday makes it really special. Whenever I make something special the 2 true tasters I miss most ---- Baba and My sister. I miss Baba cause he has a sweet smile whenever he eats anything made my me and he would never ever complain :) . I miss my sister coz of all those funny activities she would do-----she would close her eyes and analyse each and every bit of her first bite and then comment, the very next thing she would say "Please make it again" and she would say this even before she has emptied her plate......hehehe :D.
Anyways when I had woke up last Sunday with a huge craving for food---something new and different and yummy and Chicken :) . I started thinking of something new to try and that's when I remembered, a long time back I had a lamb dish in somewhere...frankly I don't remember the place or the name of the dish but the dish itself was so wonderful that I still recall its tasted YUUUMMMYYY...!!!!! I am not a fan of mushrooms but this dish had changed my opinion , so last Sunday I tried to recreated the same dish with Chicken.....lamb was definitely good but my version was pleasing to me and I enjoyed myself. I called my dish Mushroomy Chicken....!!!!!
|Chicken breast||1 medium sized|
|Chilly Flakes||1 teaspoon|
|Dried Parsley||1 teaspoon|
|Salt||As per taste|
|FOR MUSHROOM SAUCE|
|Mushroom (Agaricus)||250 grms|
|Worcestershire Sauce||1 teaspoon|
|Salt||As per taste|
- Flatten chicken to 1/4" thickness between 2 sheets of plastic wrap.
- Beat the egg in a bowl with a pinch of salt. And spread out the flour in a plate.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a different plate. Add salt,chilly flakes and dried parsley to the crumbs and mix them properly.
- Coat the chicken with flour. then dip it in the egg and coat it.
- Finally coat the egg dipped chicken breast in the breadcrumb mixture and press slightly so that the crumbs stick to the chicken.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook the chicken in the oven for 20 min at 200 degree.
- Cut the mushrooms into halves.
- Heat butter in a pan and fry the mushrooms for 3-4 min only.
- In a separate pan heat the oil and add crushed garlic. Add flour to the pan and stir till the floury smell is removed.
- Add milk to the pan while stirring the same so that the lumping of flour is prevented.The sauce needs to cook till the it become a smooth and creamy.
- Finally add the Worcestershire sauce and salt. Let the sauce cook for 2 min and then add the buttery mushrooms.
- Place the cooked chicken in plate and dress it with the creamy mushroom sauce.