Saturday, August 13, 2011

MUSHROOMY CHICKEN


I don't know how and when I fell in love with cooking, but it just happened and its magical. As we all know, there is nothing more pleasing then knowing that someone had tried out our dishes and loved it. Its even more wonderful when they think that our dishes are good enough to be part of their big occasions.....when a few of my friends told me that they had recreated my dishes for some parties and it was a hit....I was so pleased and honored, not sure how to express the feeling. However I can now realized how pleased a chef must be at the end of the day,because he could not only satisfy so many people but bring a smile to their faces.

It has been my family tradition, I still cannot imagine Sunday's without Chicken.... wont say I don't enjoy it during the other days of the week but Sunday makes it really special. Whenever I make something special the 2 true tasters I miss most ---- Baba and My sister. I miss Baba cause he has a sweet smile whenever he eats anything made my me and he would never ever complain :) . I miss my sister coz of all those funny activities she would do-----she would close her eyes and analyse each and every bit of her first bite and then comment, the very next thing she would say "Please make it again" and she would say this even before she has emptied her plate......hehehe :D. 

Anyways when I had woke up last Sunday with a huge craving for food---something new and different and yummy and Chicken :) . I started thinking of something new to try and that's when I remembered, a long time back I had a lamb dish in somewhere...frankly I don't remember the place or the name of the dish but the dish itself was so wonderful that I still recall its tasted YUUUMMMYYY...!!!!! I am not a fan of mushrooms but this dish had changed my opinion , so last Sunday I tried to recreated the same dish with Chicken.....lamb was definitely good but my version was pleasing to me and I enjoyed myself. I called my dish Mushroomy Chicken....!!!!!


Print Page
FOR CHICKEN
Chicken breast 1 medium sized 
Egg 1 number
Flour 1/2 cup
Breadcrumbs
1 cup
Chilly Flakes 1 teaspoon
Dried Parsley 1 teaspoon
Salt As per taste
Oil 1 tablespoon


FOR MUSHROOM SAUCE 
Mushroom (Agaricus) 250 grms
Flour 1 tablespoon
Milk 250 ltr
Worcestershire Sauce1 teaspoon
Salt As per taste
Oil 1 tablespoons
Butter 1/2 tablespoons





  CHICKEN:-
  1. Flatten chicken to 1/4" thickness between 2 sheets of plastic wrap.
  2. Beat the egg in a bowl with a pinch of salt. And spread out the flour in a plate.
  3. Place the breadcrumbs in a different plate. Add salt,chilly flakes and dried parsley to the crumbs and mix them properly.
  4. Coat the chicken with flour. then dip it in the egg and coat it.
  5. Finally coat the egg dipped chicken breast in the breadcrumb mixture and press slightly so that the crumbs stick to the chicken.
  6. Heat oil in a pan and cook the chicken in the oven for 20 min at 200 degree. 


  MUSHROOM SAUCE:-
  1. Cut the mushrooms into halves.
  2. Heat butter in a pan and fry the mushrooms for 3-4 min only.
  3. In a separate pan heat the oil and add crushed garlic. Add flour to the pan and stir till the floury smell is removed.
  4. Add milk to the pan while stirring the same so that the lumping of flour is prevented.The sauce needs to cook till the it become a smooth and creamy.
  5. Finally add the Worcestershire sauce and salt. Let the sauce cook for 2 min and then add the buttery mushrooms. 
  6. Place the cooked chicken in plate and dress it with the creamy mushroom sauce.
                       

    Now put on a wonderful movie and just enjoy the dish, that's what I did .. :)      












    Priyanka

    21 comments:

    Totally different from what I used to make, looks fabulous with that creamy sauce...

    http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

    Simply mouthwatering & deliicious!!! Im trying this out with paneer instead of chi...:)
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    the sauce looks absolutely mouthwatering! yeah i agree, chefs must feel a huge sense of achievement by the end of the day by putting so making smiles on faces :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    I love the idea of chicken every Sunday - actually I love the idea of any food traditions. Such a wonderful gathering tool.

    Looks delicious. Wish I was at your table to share it with you :-)

    Looks delicious,with the sauce really tempting.

    wow This looks so good! Love the gravy.

    You have a gift if you can recreate dishes from memory...I need a recipe or it will flop :) I LOVE mushrooms so this chicken sounds fabulous!

    Loved the recepie....!!looks absolutely delicious...

    what a great combo...love the addition of mushroom sauce

    mushroom and chicken are one delish combo..loved it

    I have just been reflecting on mushrooms and the fact that I have not cooked with them for a long time! Your post is so timely, thank you!

    This sounds good Sis. I should try it sometime!
    www.sunshineandsmile.com

    This is my kind of food! I love chicken and I love a good mushroom sauce! Very good idea!

    What a wonderful combination of flavors! I love that you took the time to make a creamy homemade sauce. Thank your for sharing this delicious recipe with the Hearth and Soul Hop.

    A true reward for a blogger is when someone tries our recipe and appreciates it. Love this chicken and mushroom combination and that curry looks finger-licking good.

    Oh yea food has that effect on you. It can make you passionate to try out new dishes, new flavors and what not! Your curry does sound YUUUMMMYYY...!!!!! :))

    Mushrooms make anything taste better. Looks like this would be perfect for a special dinner. Thanks for sharing.

    Mushroom and Chicken is such a delicious combination! Love the creamy mushroom sauce, looks so velvety and comforting!

    Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More