Wednesday, February 2, 2011

PENNE IN CILANTRO SAUCE


My love for pasta started so 3-4 years back. Althought the first I tried it in a resturant i didnt like it much , then I decided to try making it and since then my love for Pasta is going strong :D . 

Since then I have experimented with Pasta and they have been quite liked by my friends and my parents. This time when my parents came to visit me my dad so sweetly said "You make that tube type something with cheese and  tomato  , I want to have that again" I felt it so sweet when I made the Pasta for him , I loved to see the way he was having it just like a kid :) .
As for this recipe....I had decided to make a cheese free pasta ;) . So upon recking my brain for some time I suddenly remember the menu item I had seen in my fav restaurant , although I don't actually know how they make it but I was determined to try it :D . So this dish was created .



Print Page

Eggs
2 numbers
Pasta
3 cups
Milk
2 cups
Flour
1 tablespoon
Cilantro
2 bunches
Garlic cloves
3 medium sized
Tomato
1 medium sized
Onion
1 medium sized
Red Bell Pepper
1 medium sized
Red Chilly flakes
1 tablespoon
Oil
2 tablespoons
Salt
As per taste


  1. Cut into dices the onion, tomato , red bell pepper.
  2. Make a paste of cilantro and garlic into a smooth paste (It will a little watery but its fine)
  3. Boil the pasta with some salt and little oil (Seasoning the pasta while boiling is very important. And adding oil prevents the pasta from sticking to one another).
  4. When the pasta is cooked remove it on a big bowl that can be used for baking as well.
  5. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a pan , and softy break the eggs on to the pan in such a way that the yolks are not disturbed. Add a pinch of salt on top of it and slightly fry it from both sides and remove it on a plate.
  6. Heat oil in the pan , and add the onion when it turns translucent and the diced pepper  and salt and fry when done add the tomatoes and fry .
  7. To the pan add the flour and stirring constantly add the milk see that it doesn't form lump.
  8. When the sauce is slightly cooked add the cilantro paste and cook it for another 5 min . 
  9. Pour the sauce on the pasta and add red chilly flakes and mix everything properly and bake for 2 min.
                     
                   The dish is ready..........and I love it with some garlic bread..... :) !!!!!

12 comments:

This is beautiful! Love that rich green color! I love pasta so much as well as my whole family, and I loved it my whole life!!!
Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Thats a delicious,catchy pasta, love that cilantro sauce..

Pasta with cilantro must be very delicious, looks great :)

Thanks for stoppin' by for a Latte'. Your recipes look delish! I'm happy to be your newest follower and look forward to more recipes from you!

Colorful and yummy pasta nice snack. Priyanka there is an award waiting 4 your kreative blog come and grab it..

I love this recipe and could just picture the look on your father's face as he watched you make pasta for him. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Hi Priyanka,
I just looks delicious! I love Penne and your Penne in Cilantro Sauce looks like a great recipe and I can't wait to try it. Thank you so much for bringing it to Full Plate Thursday. You have a great week end and please come back!

First time on your blog - This cilantro penne looks FAB! Like the idea a lot and will be certainly trying it soon

Lovely recipe.Dish looks so colorful .First time here .Drop by
Padhuskitchen
when u find time

I love the sauce....it looks so tasty with the cilantro and red chilies. Nom!

This is really interesting version :) I love pastas and that too when made at home :) Looks yummy and I prefer it without cheese too. Recipe bookmarked :)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More