Breakfast is the meal of the day that I skip most of the time. I know its totally wrong and have been told to change this habit by so many people however I just cannot do it yet :D , lets be hopeful for the future ;) .
Today morning was really different, I woke up and had the urgent urge to eat something . You can say I woke up hungry , in fact I was so hungry that I woke up at 7:00am which is really shocking in my case. There is a nursery poem "EARLY TO BED & EARLY TO RISE" , well am totally the opposite and I think cause I get up late so I end up skipping breakfast :) .
While I was standing near my refrigerator thinking what I could eat for the breakfast at the fasts , instantly I remembered a dish I was created by Nigella Lawson. I dont remember the name of the dish , but I remember the cheese oozing out from the bread and so that was it.
I dont like sweet dish in the morning so I had made my French Toast a savory one.
Sharing the dish with My Sweet and Savory
|FOR FRENCH TOAST STUFFING|
|Sandwich Bread||4 slices|
|Mozzarella cheese slices||2 slices|
|Carrot||1 medium sized|
1 medium sized
Red Chilli Flakes
|FOR FRENCH TOAST COATING|
|Dried Parsley||1 tablespoon|
As per taste
FRENCH TOAST PREPARATION:-
- Cut off the brown edges from the bread slices.
- Grate the carrot into very thin slices. Chop the onion as finely as possible.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese slices into thin strips.
- Mix the grated carrot and chopped onion in a medium sized bowl. Pour in a bit of oil , salt and oregano and bake it in the microwave for 5 mins.
- Let the baked bowl cool down , then add the dried basil , red chilli flakes and mozzarella cheese strips and mix them properly (do not mash up the thing).
- Pour the milk in a large bowl . Place the bread slice in bowl and let the bread get little soft.
- Take one bread slice put the cheese mixture on it and place another bread slice on top. Then seal the edges properly.
- Repeat the same with the other 2 bread slices.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, cream, dried parsley and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Place the stuffed bread slices in the egg mixture and fry it in the pan till its turns crispy on all sides.
- The Cheesy French Toast is ready for hungry tummy :)
I had my Cheesy French Toast with one huge cup of tea.... :D