With the change in office timing and upcoming exams next month, my cooking is totally on halt, most of the times I go for resturant hunts :) . This time am not very sad as I am hopeful that I might be able to fulfill one of my parents' desire. Actually my parents always wanted me to complete my Masters and there is a flickering hope that I might be able to do so.........FINGERS CROSSED... :)
Now back to business. Today's recipe is about Cabbage and its not one my fav vegetables :D . I always buy Cabbages when I am tired of eating other vegetables...it something that I have as a Change of Taste :D .Have read about the healthy benefits of Cabbage so wanted to share with all.
HEALTH BENEFITS:1. Cabbage is anti – inflammatory vegetable
2. Cabbage contains lactic acid that acts to disinfect colon
3. Cabbage can also be used to reduce headache pain
4. Another benefit of cabbage is in it's anti –cancer properties and is also said to be able in treating other skin conditions
5. Drinking cabbage juice from the stem is a good remedy for ulcers.
I have name this dish as "Cabbage in a Blanket"....and you guessed it right it is inspired by the famous "Pigs in a Blanket". Generally I prepare roti with any Cabbage dish however this variation tasted wonderful.... :)
|Pizza Dough||500 grams|
|Tomatoes||3 medium sized|
|Ginger-Garlic Paste||1 tablepoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1 teapoon|
|Red Chilli Powder||2 teaspoon|
As per taste
Black pepper powder
- Cut the tomatoes into small cubes
- Heat oil in a pan, add the onions and ginger-garlic paste and cook till the onion turns light brown.
- To the pan add the chopped tomatoes and salt. Cover and cook over low flame such that the tomatoes turns semi-liquid.
- Add the red chilli powder to cooked tomatoes and keep cook till the water evaporates.
- The tomato base is done.
- Boil the shredded cabbage in water with a pinch of salt. Drain the cabbage when it turns soft.
- Heat oil in a pan, add turmeric powder, salt and the boiled cabbage. Cook over medium flame. This would take some time.
- Add black pepper powder and lemon juice to the cooked cabbage just before removing from heat
- Sprinkle some flour on the large wooden surface. Place the Pizza Dough on the floured surface. Roll it into 4-5 squares.
- Cover a oven rack with a baking paper. Drizzle some oil on the baking sheet and coat it with oil properly.
- Remove the excess flour and place the squared doughs in the baking sheet. Add a layer of tomato base on it and top it with the cabbage stuffing.
- Place the corners of the dough over the stuffing such that the stuffing is covered properly.
- Repeat the process with all the squares.
- Cook the dish in the oven at 220 degree for 10 min.
- Then add a bit of garlic oil on top of all the squares and cook for 10 min more.
The Cabbage is the Blanket is ready. And whats best with it......a cup of Ginger Tea :)