The fun of cooking multiples several times with the presence of family. Staying here all alone I have been missing those funs, now that my Mamoni and my younger sister Anna are here I am having a blast..... :)
19th June was my elder brother's birthday, when we wished him he wanted me to make Strawberry Cake for mom and my sister. But am sorry Dadabhai as I could not fulfill ur wish.......I could not find Strawberries in market however I did make a new type of cake.
Summers are wonderful in Bangalore coz the heat is not scroching and the best part is that we get mangoes everywhere. And its one of my favourite fruit, but with the change in my office timing I didnt time to buy them. Finally just before mom came I had cut down on sleep and got those lovely, plumby , yellow mangoes.......YUMMY...!!!! :D
Mangoes have loads of health benefits, that is the reason its called the "king of fruit". It is rich in amino acids, vitamin C and E, flavonoids, beta carotene, niacin, calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium.Let me share some of the health benefits I have read;
Now I know I dont really need to have mangoes but the heart wants what it wants.. :D . When I saw those lovely mangoes , I really didnt think about the health benefits I thought of trying out something new and different . I had planned to make Mango Cake and when my elder brother asked me to treat mom and my sister I decided to try the cake. Now I wanted to try the cake with a twist and so I created Mango Upside Down Cake.... !!!!!
|FOR MANGO CARAMEL|
|Lemon Juice||Half slice|
|Mango||1 medium sized|
|FOR MANGO CAKE|
|Mango||1 medium sized|
|Baking Powder||1 tablespoon|
|Nutmeg||As per taste|
MANGO CARAMEL PREPARATION:-
- Heat water , lemon juice and sugar in a baking dish that can be placed over the gas as well. Cook till it caramelizes.
- Cut the mangoes into strip shapes.
- After the caramel cools down slightly place the mango strips in the dish in a single layer.
- Blend together mango and sugar till it form a smooth mango pulp.Whisk the eggs separately till it get fluffy.
- To the egg add the smooth mango pulp and whisk again. Whisk the soften butter and oil to the wet mixture as well .
- Sift the flour , baking powder and grated nutmeg thoroughly.
- Mix the wet and dry mixture properly using a spatula till it forms a smooth mixture.
- Carefully add the mango batter to the baking dish having the caramelized mango.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes in oven at 220 degree Celcius or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then turn it out onto a serving dish.
The gorgeous,sticky,yummy Mango Upside-Down Cake is ready for the tummy.... :D