Cooking can be so much fun when you have an awesome family to share with. As you know that my mom and sister had come to visit me, they had stayed 2 weeks with me and everyday was wonderful....its not only there presence that made things worth, but all the lovely dishes prepared by all of us together made everything entertaining . The 15 days I had with them was so awesome and fun.........missing them already :(.
During the weekdays it was impossible for me to do anything special for them but the weekends I tried my best...... Baking Cakes have become a new weakness of mine, I even dream about it :) . Whenever I see a fruit or vegetable the very first thing that pops into my head is.....HOW WOULD IT TASTE IF TURNED INTO CAKE!!!.... My sister loves cakes so with my craze of baking cakes and her love for them, it was added in my to-do list :) and the smile she had with each bit made all the efforts worth-while.
Well today's recipe is actually something I had day dreamt about, when I told mom about my idea she was excited too and the urge to try it was so intense that I had to make it instantly and got an hour late for office.......but the heart wants what it wants so my Spiced-Up Cake was born..... :)
|FOR SPICED-UP CAKE|
|Lemon(Indian)||4 medium sized|
|Flour||1 and quarter cup|
|Baking Powder||2 teaspoon|
|Baking Soda||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cinnamon Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
- Whisk together the egg and cream till it turns fluffy.
- Grate the lemon peel directly in the egg mixture.
- Add honey, lemon juice and salt to the mixture and whisk it again till it mixes thoroughly.
- Sift flour,baking powder and baking soda separately in a large bowl. To this add the dry spices(grated nutmeg and cinnamon powder).
- Melt the butter. Add the butter and oil to the egg-lemon mixture in the processor and mix throughly.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and fold them till its smooth.
- Coat the baking bowl with slight oil and then add the batter in the baking dish.
- Bake the mixture in the oven for 20 min at 210 degree celcius.
- Remove it and then let it cool.
The Spiced-Up Cake is ready for TASTING.......... and it was pretty good...a little moist with crunchy sides :)