We all read about food and try to learn new dish for any place avaliable, some recipes sound so interesting that it just gets us thinking....the same happened with me when I read about quiche some years back. My love for eggs is no secret and this dish has eggs as the main ingredient so exciting right :) . But I didn't know of any place in Bangalore where I could get them and I didn't have oven at that time so I didn't try making it.
I have been introduced to a lot of dish by my elder sister-Kankana and I tasted my very first quiche with her. Before my sister was leaving Bangalore, we used to spend every weekend together, so one Sunday she took me out for dinner to a beautiful resturant. She ordered a lot of yummy dishes including a creamy chicken quiche. When I saw the quiche I was not sure if I would like it coz it didnt look very appeling to me, but my sister said I should try it before I make up my mind and when I did I was lost in the flavour. The chicken filling was creamy and juicy and the crust was crunchy......honestly I ordered another slice of the quiche, I just could not leave with one :) .
Since the last Tuesday I was not well, I was surviving on cornflakes and milk so Friday morning as I was feeling a little better I decided to make some tasty and quick and definately savoury brunch. When I saw the eggs the very first thing that came to my head was Quiche....simple, easy and filling.
Quiche can be with a pastry crust or without it, I went for the crustless one. I didnt have any readymade crust available and I wanted a quick brunch so had no plans in making the crust. As for the filling, I had pepper, paneer, onion and beans so I ended up with Paneer & Pepper Quiche. The best part was that the food was ready in 30 min and I had a satisfying brunch :) .
|Red Bell Pepper||1 number|
|Green Chilly||2 numbers|
|Onion, big||1 number|
|Garlic cloves||3 numbers|
|Dried Thyme||1 tablespoon|
|Salt||As per taste|
|Black Pepper||1 teaspoon|
Paneer & Pepper Quiche:-
- Chop the onion, red bell pepper and pepper separately into small cubes. Cut the chilly very finely.
- Blanch the beans for about 5 min and then, shock them in ice water. Keep them aside.
- Pre heat the oven at 140 C for 10 min.
- Heat 2 tbs oil in a pan and add the garlic, fry till the garlic turn brown.
- Add onion and pepper to the pan and saute them till the vegetables are soften.
- Then add the paneer and green chilly and fry for 10 min.
- In a big bowl, whip the eggs with milk, dried thyme, salt & pepper.
- Add the cooked vegetables and paneer to the bowl and mix them properly.
- Grease a baking pan with some oil and pour the egg mixture to the baking pan.
- Arrange the bean on top of the egg mixture on the baking pan
- Bake it at 180 C for 30 to 35 mins.
- Quiche is ready to be served.