Tuesday, February 8, 2011

WHAT AN EVENTFUL DAY WAS 8th Feb 2011

                                                                                                                       pic from Strange Cosmos


The morning of 8th Feb 2011 was very boring. I was gloomy and sad without any cause and was totally bored in office. Probably I was having my Monday morning blues....i know its not a Monday but since I didn't go to office on Monday so yesterday I was having my  Monday morning blues.......  :D . I think its a very common feeling for all :) .




By evening my day started changing from a gloomy boring one to a one that brought smiles to face and joys to heart. I had participated in "SLURRPY STAR OF THE WEEK" recipe contest and to my utter surprise I had won the 3rd prize. For the first time I had received a prize for cooking and I was so happy. Thanks to the editor of SLURRPY for hosting such a wonderful event....its a real encouragement for us amateur cooks :) 

And when I opened my blog and I was thrilled to see the comment for "The Foodie" she had passed me 3 award and it felt so wonderful to be appreciated.All these has encouraged me a lot. Thanks a lot "The Foodie" I am in Cloud 9 even now :) 







How can anyone claim the award?...Well blogging is all about knowing and sharing with others.....so to accept the awards there are a few criteria to be fulfilled :
  • Thank and Link Back to the Blogger Who Awarded You With The Award
  • Share 7 Things About Yourself
  • Award 15 Great Blogger with this award
  • Contact The Bloggers and Inform Them of The Award


7 things about me : 
  • I love talking to my mom over phone and we can do that for hours
  • The first person for whom I had cooked anything was Dad and I made chappati and dal and he could not eat it at all. I was in 6th class at that time :) .
  • I have a younger sister name Paromita she is a gem and a sweetheart of the whole family.
  • I am a very talkative person and love to spend time with my family and friends.
  • I enjoying buying utensils or electronic appliances for my kitchen. 
  • I don't like to make the morning tea and prefer if someone does it for me :P
  • I love soft toys.....everytime I go for shopping I always buying one or two soft toys.
  • I am totally addicted to TV :D . The first thing is do when I wake up is switch on the TV and its on the whole time I am at home.
As for nominating 15 bloggers......this is a very difficult task at hand, its very hard for me to pick 15 blogger from all the wonderful bloggers I have met. I admire the creativity of all my fellow bloggers but as I had to limit my choices so I would like to pass the 3 awards to :-

  1. Kankana from Sunshine & Smiles
  2. Haley from At Home with Haley
  3. Nithya from 4th Sense Cooking
  4. Mary from One Perfect Bite
  5. Anu Santanu from Bhalo Khabo
  6. Sandra from Sandra's Easy Cooking
  7. Krista from Krista's Kitchen
  8. Harika from Harika's Kitchen
  9. Pam from For the love of Cooking
  10. Barbara from Bless Us Lord
  11. Sukina from Lick my Spoon
  12. Cherine from Chicho's Kitchen
  13. Clotilde from Chocolate & Zucchini
  14. Chele from Chocolate Teapot
  15. Lola from Lola's Artistic Endeavors


Priyanka


14 comments:

Congrats on ur awards, glad to know more about u..

Well done on your awards and thanks very much for passing them on too ;0)

@Priya thanks Priya....and would love to know more abt u too :)

@Chele Thanks Chele, and you totally deserve it. I really liked ur blog :)

Congrats on the awards... thanks for passing it on to me.

Congrats on your awards and also for winning the SLURPPY competition. Keep going!

Congrats on your well deserved awards..it was fun to know more about you :)

US Masala

Congrats on your award and thanks for sharing about yourself so we could get to know you better!

Congratulations on your awards and thank you so much for including me in the list of people you've chosen to share them with. I am very grateful. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

I love that you cooked for your dad and he couldn't eat it, made me smile!

nice to know so much about you..and congrats on ur awards and wins

Thank you Priyanka -- you are very kind. I'm glad that you enjoy my blog.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More