26th Jan is the Indian Republic Day.Its the day the constitution of India came into force and India became a truly sovereign state. In this day India became a totally republican unit.
Since childhood this one holiday has been a total fun day for me. My dad used to work in the electricity so on republic day morning at 7:00am he would take me to see the flag hosting in his station. We would be back by 9:00am, and mom would always come up with very special breakfast every republic day a new different and yummy breakfast. And then we would watch the republic day celebrations on the tv. A wonderful day that I terrible miss nowadays.
Well as for the story behind this recipe,a few days back I saw the Veg Tiranga Rice in th CookingEscapades blog and I totally adored it. So yesterday morning while watching the parade on tv I thought that I want to create something that says "REPUBLIC DAY" so here it is... :)
4 medium sized
3 large ones
Red Chilli Powder
Black Pepper Powder
3 medium sized
1 medium sized
As per taste
CARROT MASH FRY:-
- Boil water in a cooker with a pinch of salt and add the carrots and cook till the soften.
- Mash the carrots. Then add the flour,salt,red chilly powder and black pepper and mix all them properly and set aside for 5 min.
- Heat oil in a pan , spoon balls of the carrot mixture and fry them.
- Place them on a tissue paper and set aside.
- Boil water in a cooker with a pinch of salt and add the potatoes and cook till the soften.
- Mash the potatoes. Then add the salt,butter and black pepper and mix all them properly and set aside for 5 min.
- Place the potato mash in a baking dish and bake it for 10 min.
- Cut the spinach into very small sizes so that it almost becomes a mash while cooking.
- Grate the garlic cloves and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the grated garlic let to get light brown then add the spinach,black pepper and salt and fry.
- When it looks done add 1 teaspoon of cream and cook it again. Remove it in a bowl and set aside.
- Chop the onion very finely.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the onions and salt and fry them till golden brown.
- Add the rest of the cream and let it shimmer.
- In a baking dish, coat its bottom with little butter.
- Place the spinach mash first in a smooth layer.
- Top the spinach with the mashed potato and pour the creamy gravy on top to of the mashed potato.
- Finally place the fried carrot balls on top and bake the whole thing for 2 min. And walla...!!!!
I had it with garlic bread.......... :)