|Nigella Lawson has been a great inspiration for me to start cooking. Seeing her enjoy cooking and relishing the food , I had decided to try my hand in this field and today cooking has become my pasion. I had seen her create the Chocolate Trifle in one of her episodes. And I was determined to try to make the dish. So when I finally decided one night to make it , turns out I could not get a lot of the stuffs. So I made my version of Nigella's Chococlate Trifle.... :)|
Well i liked the taste of it...Hope you do to.
Dairy Milk Chocolate
1 and half cups
For the chocolate cake either you can buy it for you can refer to my cake recipe.
- Cut the apples,raisins and cherries into small pieces.
- Heat about half cut water in a pot. When it get luke warm add the fruits and let them shimmer.
- When the fruits becomes little soft, add half cup sugar and the cinnamon stick and let the fruits soften.
- Remove the fruits and set aside with some of the liquid syrup.
- To the rest of the syrup add the wine and let it cook for 10 min in low heat. Remove and let it cool.
- Cut the chocolate into medium pieces and layer them properly in big bowl, then pour the soften fruits and syrup in the cake and keep it covered till the custard is done.
- Mix together cream and milk together and then heat the same in a saucepan.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a microwave and let it soften.
- Whisk the egg yolks, sugar, and cocoa in a large bowl. Pour some quantity of warm milk and cream into the bowl whisking it into the yolks and sugar mixture.
- Add the melted chocolate to the custard mixture and mix it properly.
- Pour the final mixture to the rest of the warm milk and cook the custard over a medium heat until the custard thickens, stirring all the time. Make sure it doesn't boil, as it will split and curdle.
- Remove the custard and put it on top of an ice base so it it starts cooling also keep stirring the same.
- When the custard has cooled down. Pour it on top of the cake and wine syrup and keep it in the refrigerator .
You can have it as it is or you can try it some soft cream.