Monday, February 28, 2011

CARROT CAKE WITH ORANGE ICING


This weekend was awesome , I had entered into a Cooking Trance..... :P . Like I told my exams has just got over , and I don't go out too much the best entertainment for me is COOKING. Both Saturday and Sunday I had tried several new recipes and it was the best time also surprisingly none of them turned into a total disaster :D . 

Some months back in my fav. channel "TLC" I saw one of my fav. chef "Rachel Allen" bake a Carrot Cake. She made it seem so easy and it looked wonderful and since then I had decided to try this cake but somehow it didn't turn into reality till last Saturday :) . So sharing the carrot cake recipe its not totally like hers cause I didn't have a lot of the ingredients so you can say its my version of Carrot Cake. The best part of this is when I shared the cake with some of my friends they liked it so much that they even parceled a few :) .



Print Page



FOR CARROT CAKE
Grated Carrot 3 cups
Eggs 2 large
Brown Sugar 2 cup
Caster sugar 1 cups
Flour 2 cup
Vanilla essence 2 teaspoon
Cinnamon Powder 1 teaspoon
Salt A pinch of it
Baking Powder 1 teaspoon
Baking Soda 1/2 teaspoon
Oil 2 tablespoons
Butter 2 tablespoons


FOR ORANGE ICING
Cheese Cream 1/2 cup
Butter 2 tablespoon
Orange zest Half tablespoon
Orange Juice 2 tablespoon
Icing Sugar 2 cups



    CARROT CAKE:-
  1. Whisk together eggs , vanilla essence , brown sugar and caster sugar. Whisk till the sugar mix properly and also the mixture turns a pale and fluffy.
  2. Add the egg mixture add the flour,baking powder , baking soda , cinnamon powder and salt to the food processor and start mixing. The mixture will not be very smooth but its fine.
  3. To the food processor add the carrot , oil and butter and start mixing till it gets smooth.
  4. Coat a baking bowl with little oil and add the cake mixture to the baking bowl.
  5. Bake the cake in microwave for 12 min at 100 degree. After the time is up using the back of the spoon insert it into the cake at the center and pull up. If its clean then the cake is done else bake it for some more time and check again. 
  6. Remove it and then let it cool.
ORANGE ICEING:-
  1. Mix together butter, cheese cream , orange zest , orange juice and icing sugar till it appears to be glowing and look like cake icing (It will a little running icing , actually I like it way I didn't want it to be heavy).
  2. Pour the icing on the cake evenly with a spatula and refrigerate for half an hour as we don't want it to be very thick.

The Carrot Cake with Orange Icing is ready for the bite :) .




Priyanka


17 comments:

The cake looks fantastic!!!!
Prathima Rao
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

Simply delicious and fabulous cake..love that icing..

your cake looks good! love icing drizzling from the cake, yum!

That is one lovely cake with beautiful icing.

carrot cake is my faaaavorite! orange icing too? that just sounds too good to be true! ohmygosh! yum!

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Carrot cake with orange icing???? LOVE this!

This looks absolutely delicious. I just want to stick my finger in that icing and have a lick!

Best,
Bonnie

This is so tempting! Love that icing too....

http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

Yummy cake and icing is so tempting.

great recipe..cake turned out just perfect

delish...looks perfect.
Happy that i come to your blog...Love your template !!

i haven't had carrot cake in so long- now I'm craving some!

such great flavors in this cake...and you cooked it in the microwave? amazing! thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club.

Cakes are super...Got a lovely space....Glad to follow it...
FunWidFud

Yum! I love carrot cake! Thanks for linking up at the Link Up Lounge! Hope to see you back each day for a new link up opportunity! =)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More