Sunday, February 20, 2011

BUTTERY GARLIC NOODLES & CHICKEN TAIPE


Knowing me you will be aware that I just don't like to cook on Friday's. I enjoy cooking every single day mainly on weekends where I can try some new dishes :) . But on Fridays I just want to parcel some food , enjoy 2-3 movies and relax , but this Friday was different SADLY :'( . I reached home and ordered food from my favorite Chinese restaurant but they said they were super packed so they can send food only after 2 hours :( .

I was hungry after the hectic day in office and I had done my shopping so I had everything at hand and it made no sense to wait for so long. Since it was Chinese in my head so I thought of trying some new Chinese recipe :) 

Some time back I had read that butter has been recent added in the Chinese dishes, suddenly I remembered that in one small resturant some 3-4 years back I had a buttery noodle. I was determined to try to make noodles with butter some time soon and what better than this Friday :) 

When I started my college, I had a very kind hearted friend "Barsha" who would very often treat me to different resturants during that time I had a Chinese chicken dish called "Chicken Taipai". So with my buttery noodles I decided to try making this chicken dish but since I was not aware of the recipe and I don't wanna hurt any sentiments so I called mine "CHICKEN TAIPE"

Print Page

FOR BUTTERY GARLIC NOODLES
Noodles 150 gm
Eggs 2 numbers
Onion 1 medium sized
Sugar Half teasoon
Garlic 5-6 cloves
Green Chillies 2 numbers
Red Chilly Powder 1and half teaspoon
Butter 2 sticks
Salt A pinch


FOR CHICKEN TAIPE
Chicken Breast 200 gm
Garlic 2 cloves
Onion 1 medium sized
Tomato puree Quater cup
Green chilli sauce Half tablespoon
Schezwan Sauce 1 tablespoon
Soya Sauce 1 teaspoon
Red Chilly Powder Half teaspoon
Flour 1 tablespoon
Sugar 1/2 teaspoon
Salt As per taste




    BUTTERY GARLIC NOODLES  :-
  1. Boil the noodles in a pot of water with little salt and oil. The oil is very important as it prevents the noddles from sticking.
  2. Drain the softened noodles and immediately pour cold water so that the noodles don't cook further else it will get all mushy.
  3. Heat a bit of butter in a wok, add the eggs and fry them and set aside.
  4. Heat the rest of the butter in the wok, add the mined garlic and let it fry for 2-3 min. 
  5. Add finely chopped onion and green chilly to the wok and fry it for sometime. Then add the noodles and fry for 3 min. 
  6. Add salt,sugar and red chilly powder to the noodle and cook for some more time. And serve hot.
      CHICKEN TAIPE  :-
  1. Cut the chicken into strips. Marinate them with salt, pepper, soya sauce , red chilly powder and flour and leave it for 15 min.
  2. Heat oil in a wok , and fry the chicken strips till they are golden on all sides. And remove it
  3. To the same wok, add chopped onion and minced garlic and fry.
  4. When done add, tomato puree, green chilli sauce, schezwan sauce and soya sauce and when the strong smell is removed add the chicken pieces and fry till each piece is properly coated.
  5. Serve it with the buttery garlic noodle.


Priyanka


8 comments:

You really came up with a great solution for your dinner. The noodles really sound delicious. I hope you have a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

Wow this looks wonderful,nice recipe.

Both noodles and chicken taipe makes me hungry..

wow...really delicious Priyanka..
first time here...fascinating space you have with lovely collection of recipes..happy to follow u..
do drop by mine sometime..
Tasty appetite

Looks like a perfect meal! Sounds so tasty...

http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

Wow looks wonderful.. I like the Buttery Noodles..

I feel just like you--Fridays are for relaxing, not cooking. This noodle dish looks super tasty. I love noodles with anything that have garlic and butter in them. Yum!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More