Saturday, February 26, 2011

POTATO , EGG & CHICKEN SALAD


Yesterday was the last day for my exams for this semester , so since morning I was all excited thinking that this is it after this paper I would not need to study for 1 month at least :D  . I had gone to the examination center at ten in the morning thats when I learned that the server was down so we had to wait. And so I waited and waited , finally I had my exam at 4:30 in the evening....... all my excitement had died down by then and I was tired and hungry   :( .  I was so tired that I didn't feel like getting down and packing food coz then getting a transportation to my house would be another big struggle , so cooking something at home seemed to be a better option. 

People you know me would right-away tell you that I enjoy having good salads. And I make one every weekend , don't really know why I have not posted any of my salad ideas so far but as the saying goes better late then never, so sharing with you the Potato & Egg Salad I had this Friday after all the waiting.

I have shared the salad with Favorite Things Friday - No. 13 hosted by Kristi , FoodTripFriday#100 in Food Trip Friday  and  Fun w/ Food Friday Linky Party in Paisley Passions


Print Page



FOR THE SALAD
Potatoes 4 numbers medium sized
Eggs 2 large eggs
Onion 1 medium sized
Vinegar 1 tablespoon
White Pepper 1 teaspoon
Salt As per taste


FOR SALAD DRESSING
Cream 1/2 cup
Butter Half tablespoon
Mayonnaise 2 tablespoon
Red Chilli Powder Half teaspoon
Dried Parsley 1 tablespoon
Black Pepper 1 tablespoon
Salt As per taste


FOR CHICKEN TOPPINGS
Chicken breast 1 slice
Soya Sauce 1 teaspoon
Tomato Sauce 1 tablespoon
Red Chilli Powder 1 teaspoon
Black Pepper 1 tablespoon
Salt  As per taste




    SALAD:-
  1. In a large pan , boil water add salt and vinegar and potatoes and cook till the potatoes are soften.
  2. In another pan , boil water with some salt and hard boil the eggs.
  3. Chop the onions as finely as possible. Cut the potatoes and eggs in small size cubes
  4. In a large bowl place all the main ingredients and add the salt and white pepper. Keep it for at times.
SALAD DRESSING:-
  1. In a bowl , place butter, cream , mayonnaise , red chilli powder , dried parsley , salt and pepper. Mix them thoroughly till it forms a smooth paste.
  2. Spread the dressing on the salad mixture and mix it properly and let it stand for 10 min.
CHICKEN TOPPING:-
  1. Cut the chicken breast into thin strips.
  2. Marinate the strips with soya sauce , tomato sauce , red chilli powder , black pepper and salt and keep it for 30 min.
  3. Heat a bit of oil in a pan , and fry the marinated chicken strips till they are golden on all sides.

To serve , place the salad in a bowl and top it with the fried chicken strips. I felt great after having the salad. Hope you do too  :)  .

Priyanka






12 comments:

Very inviting and delicious salad..

This is a really very interesting salad:)

Congratulations on finishing your exams! What a fabulous relief~~

Your egg salad looks lovely...my husband would love me to make this for his lunch...real comfort food!

Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

potatoes and egg make a fabulous combination..i add some capsicum and spring onions to it too

sounds great one, thanks for sharing your recipe! have a great week! :)

Dear Priyanka
How are you? Great recipe I must say! I like the use of dry parsley in the dressing. The soya flavored chicken topping is awesome.Off blog and kitchen these days and will be back soon.
Have a nice week

First time here...u have nice space and wonderful collection of dishes...

delicious and perfect salad !!!

Great one and delicious salad ....

Great salad idea Priyanka! Thanks for sharing! In fact, I like your blog very much, so I am passing on a "One lovely Blog Award" to you. You can find it here: http://www.manusmenu.com/first-event-and-second-award
Have a lovely break from your exams!

Yummy salad Priyanka ... I'm a first time visitor from the Fun with Food Friday blog hop ... i can't wait to see your other posts!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More