Friday, February 11, 2011

ORANGEY CHICKEN


This last week was really hectic for me....with increase in workload and exams I could not do the thing that gave me real happiness "COOKING and BLOGGING" :D , all complains apart I am back now ..

I love eating Chicken and since my childhood we have a rule in my house "Chicken every sunday!!!!" and I still follow the rule :) . When I was a kid my uncle would say that if I ate so much of chicken then soon I would dislike it well it didnt happen till now ;) 

My mom would always experiment with chicken dishes and non have ever failed :) . I too enjoy following her footsteps. So today's recipe is also an experiment and turns out that chicken and orange make a pretty good combination :) and forms a good appetizer ....


Print Page

Chicken Drumsticks
4 pieces
Orange
1 large
Dried Parsley
1 teapoon
Flour
1 cup
Red Chilli Powder
1 teaspoons
Black Pepper Powder
Half teaspoon
Ginger Paste
Half teaspoon
Garlic Paste
Half teaspoon
Lemon
1 piece
Honey
1 tablespoon
Oil
2 tablespoons
Salt
As per taste


  1. Make small slits all around the chicken pieces so that the chicken get cooked properly from inside as well.
  2. Marinate the chicken drumsticks with the ginger paste , garlic paste, half a lemon juice , salt , red chilli powder ,black pepper powder , a bit of orange zest  and a few drops of orange juice for 30 min.
  3. Take the flour in a plate and cover each of the chicken pieces with the flour.
  4. Heat oil in a pan and add the pieces and fry for 3 min only . Then place the pieces in the microwave for 12 min at 80 degree. The pieces need to be turned from side to side at regular intervals.
  5. In the mean time, in a pan add the rest of the orange juice , a few more orange zest , half a lemon juice , salt and black pepper and cook it over medium heat. 
  6. As the orange mixture starts evaporating add the honey stirring constantly. Let the mixture cook over medium heat till it forms a glaze.
  7. Place the cooked chicken pieces in the orange glaze and coat it on all sides. 
  8. Remove the glazed chicken pieces on a piece and pour the rest of the glaze on the chicken piece.
  9. The Orangey Chicken is ready to serve.

Priyanka


12 comments:

Yummy! Citrus and poultry are really wonderful together.

Yummy,very delectable orangey chicken,makes me drool..

Oh, boy, does this look good! We make a lot of chicken and I'm always searching for a new recipe! YUMMY!

yummy love any dish with chicken yours looks yummy cannot wait to have it.

This really does look wonderful. I can always use another chicken recipe. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

wow!! yummy! its looks real mouthwatering dish..

Dear Priyanka
Very innovative dish indeed. I like it. I generally dont like chicken, but will make it for my wife and daughter , they love chicken.
Have a nice weekend

Ohh this sounds and it looks so tasty! Yummy!!!

Looks yummy! Adding orange will add a different taste altogether..

http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

looks fantastic sis .. i will pakka give it a try :) happy valentines day !

Orangey chicken ! its a fantastic recipe .Priyanka, will surely try it,

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More